Thursday, February 7, 2008

swollen feet and legs

Since I was 23 weeks pregnant, I have "suffered" from swollen feet syndrome. Last night was the weirdest experience yet far! I had my feet propped up above my heart, to relieve the fluid, when I noticed if I pushed on my feet that I had a lasting indention! The only way for the indention to go away was to work it out with my hands. So being the person I am, a picture fanatic, I took a picture of my big ol' feet, ankles, and calf area. I guess to keep as a momento.
I have to say, with all of the text book symptoms of being pregnant, none of them really bother me. Sure the back pain can be pretty bad, the constant potty breaks, swollen feet, emotional weirdness just to name a few, are somethings to deal with.... but atleast I know we are still healthy and right on track! What my doctor said to me while I was 14 weeks pregant still amazes me..... "you are normal." That simple phrase meant so much to my husband and I, that I still recall him saying it! Oh to be normal for the first time! What a relief!!! So with all of the symptoms, that some other women may complain about, I find them all to be such a mind ease! We are normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for those of us who have not had normal pregancies, had no true reason for our losses..... that is all we pray for.... to hear those magic words...... "you're normal."

Jacky

No comments: