Monday, April 21, 2008

we have our miracle!

Joslyn Olivia was born on Friday, April 11, 2008 at 1:31 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.
I was induced Thursday morning and had her the next afternoon. I was dialted 1 cm all the way through Friday morning. When the doc came in Friday morning at 8.. I was finally a 3.... he said that they would check me again at noon and if I had not progressed there was a chance of a C-Section. At 10:00 that morning, they had to give me another dose of the epidural. By 10:30 I was fast asleep! I was woken up to the nurse putting the bed down to check my progress. Low and behold... she said "we are ready! She is a 10 and +2 stage!" Everything began to happen so fast! I was so groggy from the epi and I was so numb. Joslyn was at that point face up so I had to push her to get her to go face down. The doctor checked me and said that it would be hours of pushing if I was unable to get her to face down. He left to finish a C-Section and said he would be right back.
After a couple of pushes Joslyn was faced down and ready! The pushing was the easiest thing! (probably because I was still so numb I could feel nothing but the urge to push.) The nurse had someone get the doc because she was at the point of trying to keep Joslyn in with her hands! When the doctor came in he saw how far along I was and he began to throw his scrubs on and told me to push! 5 minutes later she was born!

Her cord was wrapped around her neck pretty tightly, so the doctor had to cut the cord from her neck, but she was just fine. I was not able to hold her right away, but I was able to watch her come out (without a mirror!!) and the doctor showed me that she was okay before giving her to the nurse to make sure.

Her Apgar score was 8 at 1 minute and 9 at 5 minutes. She came out with her eyes wide open and her tongue sticking out!

She was amazing perfect! We finally have our miracle!

Jacky

No comments: