Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mommy's doctor check up

We all went to my doctor check up yesterday. All turned out great and I am now off of my restrictions! The best part was everyone at the office got to see Joslyn for the first time. They all knew about her stay at Scottish Rite and a few people ended up calling us to make sure she was alright. It was so nice to have Dr. Kelley see her again, and we also had a picture to give him. Which he loved! It was a picture Stephen's mom took when Dr. Kelley first delivered Joslyn. He loved it! We also went by Dr. Windom's wing to visit him and his nurses. It was so great to give them Joslyn's announcement! Stephen and I have been waiting sooooo long to have our baby's announcement on his wall of fame! It kind of felt like a huge accomplishment!

It was also a huge feeling of accomplishment and closure to have our baby sitting with us in the waiting room. We had been in that room so many times.... most of those times we were so unsure of what was going to happen, we had many unhappy moments in those rooms too. But to be able to look at Joslyn sleeping so peacefully as we wait for the doctor..... It was really a dream come true. Stephen asked me if I thought that we would ever have her with us at the doctor's office. I had to think, but honestly...... no I thought we would never have her there with us. We have been through so much, i was beginning to think it would not happen for us. But it did, and it has! We were the couple with our beautiful baby waiting in the room, that was us! Not a stranger that I would look at wishing it was us.... it WAS us. But then I began to think if the couple sitting in the same room looked at us with the same wishes.


Jacky

No comments: