Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back from vacation!

We got back from a week long vacation last week. We decided to try our luck and pack up both of our babies and head to Michigan to visit family. We were nervous about how Joslyn would travel in the car for 12 hours. But man she did so well! We kept our schedule and she did amazing! We left at 3:30 in the morning and did not wake her up. We put her in the truck last and we all headed off. Mackinac was in the back with her, and he left her alone the whole time! What a great fur-baby he is!
We kept her on the apnea monitor the whole trip up and back home. We did not want to have to worry if she was having a problem as we could not see her. She woke up for her 7 am feeding... went back to sleep... woke up for her 10 am feeding... went back to sleep and so on and so on.

My one tip for traveling with a, at the time, 3 month old.... keep your schedule! Do not wake them just to put them in the car. If you keep your normal schedule.... your baby will not be thrown off at all! Joslyn did not even have a hard time that night. She slept all night just like normal.


I did learn a lesson though. I can not drink O.J. She had such horrible episodes of her silent reflux... it was so sad. She would try to nurse (3 days in a row) at her 7 pm feeding, and just scream. We were so happy we brought her Maalox, it was a life saver! So now I know that I can only stick to water. (Maybe a sprite every once in a while.) We just never thought of juice being a problem... but it does make sense... all of that acid in the juice. I felt so bad, I had caused Joslyn to have such horrible reflux pain. Once I had stopped drinking it and it was out of my system.. she was back to normal. Lesson learned.


Jacky

No comments: