Tuesday, January 15, 2008

28 weeks pregnant!

August 1,2007......... we found a BFP!!!!

The call to my husband at work was crazy! He knew I was gong to be taking a test... but he thought I was going to take it the day after. All I could manage to say was "loop we are pregnant!" I was shaking so bad! He said are you sure..... I said well the 3rd test is almost done! All 3 said BFP!!!!!!!! He told me to calm down... yeah right! I was so excited.... nervous.... but so excited! We got another chance!
This made our 3rd pregnancy in 11 months. Then started the calls to the doc and the trips to the blood lab.
The funniest part about this whole thing.... Just 2 weeks before I took the preg test... we were sitting in my doc's office because my body really never got back to normal after our second miscarriage. So we were talking about ways to help it along. He told me that if I did not start my next cycle by August 2... that he would put me on meds to help it start... only after I took a preg test that came back neg. Little did we know I was 2 weeks preg during that visit!!!!!!!! He was almost as shocked as we were when we came to him and said........ "WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!"

This pregnancy is so different than the other 2. We have been right on track for everything. My progesterone was above what they wanted to see... which was a relief! I was 16.5 wen they wanted to see atleast 15. However they still put me on Prometrium... per my request as it would not hurt anything. I got blood tested more times than I can count for the first several weeks. When we went in for our 6 week visit..... Oh my gosh what a happy day! Her little heart beat was 120 bpm! All we saw was this little dot just beating so fast! And that sound................... oh how I love that sound! From that day one we named our little one "Sticky Bean." In the next 4 months... every visit we had at the doc we got an U/S.
Every U/S was perfect and wonderful! I can even say that at 10 weeks along... I felt my first "quickening" that was the morning of one of our visits. She was telling me she was okay. At week 18, we found out she was a she......and so we named her Joslyn Olivia. Her middle name means peace, which is what she has brought us.... peace.

Jacky

No comments: